My Name is Kendyll! Nice to Meet You!


 My Name is Kendyll! Nice to Meet You!

    Hi there! My name is Kendyll Weeks. Currently, I am dual-enrolled through Oregon State University as well as Linn-Benton Community College. I have recently changed my major from Marketing to Merchandise Management with a Marketing Minor and I am a sophomore this year. I was drawn towards this Principles of Marketing Class not just because it is obviously required for my Major and Minor, but also because Marketing is an intensely interesting topic to me. I am particularly fascinated by the psychological influences and motivations that contribute to consumers' attraction to different campaigns and products.  
 

    I would say that this psychological aspect is the category I am most interested in learning about. Psychological influences in marketing such as color, word choice, and much more will soon become especially important in my career to develop products that appeal to my audience. On top of the career implications of this knowledge, it's also extremely applicable in my day-to-day life! As consumers in America, we are of course subjected to mass amounts of advertisement, sometimes in forms we aren't even aware of! As an active consumer who, I will regretfully admit, loves to buy, it almost feels necessary for me to deepen my understanding of how the marketing techniques being used on me are manipulating my purchasing patterns. 


    A personal passion of mine in nearly all things arts and crafts. I love to draw, paint, knit, crochet and scrapbook. Out of these, my favorite is most definitely painting. I mostly enjoy creating semi-realistic scenic paintings. Although I am definitely no Picasso, I am very proud of this skill and plan to expand on it greatly throughout my life-I have extremely far to go. I also plan to learn more about apparel-based craft skills and hope to begin embroidery and sewing in the near future. Another thing I love to do is of course spend time with friends and family. Below is a picture of my mom and I this most recent summer in line for the Rise of the Resistance ride in Disneyland California (we are also major Disney people). 


 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fans Concerned about the Direction of Marvel Studios

Horror Movie 'Smile' Conducts Spooky Marketing Stunt